ADDRESSING DISADVANTAGE THROUGH AFFORDABLE SOCIAL HOUSING (2016-17)
Addressing Disadvantage through social housing demonstrates the strong commitment to address the underlying causes of disadvantage within the G21 region.
This paper has been developed by the G21 Affordable Housing Working Group and canvasses two regional 'perspectives' as part of the national debates. These regional perspectives include:
- The role of Local Government in the support and facilitation of affordable housing
- The case for change - G21 is committed to advocating for a realistic approach to supporting initiatives to develop new affordable housing projects.
- St Laurence Housing Limited
- Haven Home Safe
- Northern Geelong Rental Housing Co-operative
- CEHL - Common Equity Housing Ltd.
- Five local councils within the G21 region
Project Update (July 2016):
This paper was launched by the Hon Minister Martin Foley at the Disability Housing Forum on 11 May 2016. The Taskforce will re-convened following the Federal election.