Health Literacy Masterclass
Connecting with Tomorrow: Enhancing Health Literacy, Eliminating Inequity. Health literacy for health service improvement and community development.
A 3-day intensive masterclass for managers, executives, health professionals, health planners, policy makers, researchers, and those active in health promotion and community services.
Using the latest health literacy research and practices, this masterclass will demonstrate how to develop fit-for-purpose interventions to reduce inequity in health service access and engagement.
The masterclass will introduce the Ophelia process (Optimising Health Literacy and Access), a structured process for identifying and responding to health literacy needs by co-designing locally relevant interventions. Measurement of health literacy will also be presented, including the widely used Health Literacy Questionnaire (HLQ) and its use in needs assessment, evaluation, and quality improvement.
- Understanding the scope and determinants of health literacy
- Designing your own health literacy intervention
- The role of health literacy in health inequity
- Using the Health Literacy Questionnaire (HLQ) to identify diverse health literacy challenges
- Applying the Ophelia process in your setting - implementation and evaluation of inventions
- Participatory and place-based approaches to health literacy (organisational and community)
International perspectives in health literacy policy and practice
For more information contact Kerrie Paulger at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 9214 4810