MS Education for Health Professionals - Webinar - Managing discomfort
Many of our clients with MS are suffering a lot of discomfort, a lot of the time. This may affect their sleeping, energy levels, appetite, mood and quality of life.
Alexandra Holmes is an OT at Calvary Care, Bethlehem. She works with clients who have progressive neurological conditions. Alexandra has extensive experience in the world of discomfort, and will share with you great tips, strategies and case studies, which will challenge and enhance your clinical practice.
- Improved awareness of the causes of discomfort and thinking beyond equipment
- Understanding of different types of pain
- Increased knowledge of assessment approaches
- Knowledge of factors associated with an increased risk of pressure injuries
- Knowledge of practical tips, strategies, aids and equipment used to alleviate discomfort
- Understanding of key case studies
- Understanding of psychological distress and the links to discomfort