Understanding Depression in Chronic Illness Webinar
MS is committed to offering education programs to build capacity in the health and community care system to provide appropriate support, care and treatment for people living with multiple sclerosis and other neurological disorders.
Dr. Litza Kiropoulos is an academic at Melbourne University, School of Psychological Sciences. Her specialist area is in the psychological treatment of depression and anxiety in the medically ill, especially people living with MS, cancer and heart disease. Litza will provide assessment tools and treatment strategies which a focus on promoting recovery, minimising depression, building resilience and improving quality of life for your clients.
- Understand the unique psychological needs of people with a chronic illness
- Knowledge of key assessment tools
- Understand specific CBT based strategies useful for managing depression and anxiety in people with multiple sclerosis
- Understand how to build resilience, self-efficacy and improved quality of life
Date: Tuesday 15 August
Time: 2.00pm - 3.00pm
Individual - $70
Group (5-8 Participants) - $300
Group (9+ Particpants) - $500
Full Time Students - $30
- Registration prices include GST. MS ABN: 66 004 942 287
- Registration provides one unique log in - it is anticipated that staff groups view webinars together
- CPD Certificates are issued for each participant only when booked as a group.
TO REGISTER FOR THE WEBINAR PLEASE CLICK HERE.
To participate in the webinar, you will need:
- to be linked to the internet and have a monitor so that you can see the presenter (a laptop / tablet or iphone is also suitable)
- you might want to have a headset that you can plug into your computer or laptop to hear the presenter. Alternatively, you can watch the webinar on your monitor and listen to it over your phone (preferably a landline as mobile charges may be very high)
You do not need to have a webcam (camera) or a microphone in order to watch and listen to a webinar. You don’t need a microphone to ask questions - you type in your questions.
Webinars are recorded and can be made available if you are unable to attend at the scheduled time for the live program.
If you have any queries, please contact MS Connect from 8.30am - 5.00pm Monday to Friday on 1800 042 138 or e-mail email@example.com