Wan-Yaari-Professional Development Training, Aboriginal Cultural Awareness
Wan-Yaari Aboriginal Consultancy Services is an Aboriginal owned and operated business providing professional and empowering services to the Aboriginal Community and non-Aboriginal organisations in the Geelong Region.
Our Aboriginal cultural awareness training will improve your understanding, awareness and respect of Aboriginal history and culture. This can enhance your engagement and working relationships with local Aboriginal clients and Communities.
The 4hour Aboriginal cultural awareness training is available for individuals or work teams to attend as a professional development session.
The following topics will be covered in the training session:
- Welcome to Country & Acknowledgment of Country examples and definitions
- Historical Timelines
- Aboriginal Identity: Pre & Post Colonisation
- Aboriginal Maps of Victoria/Australia
- Overview of government policies and initiatives
- Stolen Generations
- Strategies to improve engagement and working relationships with Aboriginal clients, families and community groups
- Group interactive activities
To register please click on the link below: