Supporting the HWB of Refugees and Asylum Seekers in the G21 Region
The G21 Refugee and Asylum Seeker Group addresses the G21 Health and Wellbeing Pillar priorities to:
- Improve Community Connectedness and Social Inclusion with a particular focus on community members from a refugee and asylum seeker background
- Increase Cultural Competence across Partner Agencies
Initiatives to assist with This is being achieved through a number of key actions including:
- Building capacity of organisations to provide culturally responsive services through creating a workforce development directory of training opportunities and suggested competency levels.
- Service and Support Mapping to strengthen key relationships to support an advocacy role for community groups and organisations who wish to work collaboratively towards delivering and promoting activities that offer meaningful community participation for refugees and asylum seekers.
- A coordinated social media campaign to relay positive messages to the community regarding the issues relating to refugees and asylum seekers, as well as promoting regional resources during Refugee Week (14-20 June 2015)
For further information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org